13 July 2011

JUST FOR FUN



Today I'm (partially) clearing out my backlog of links to whimsical and "oh my, really?" websites. Have fun !





~ Sex with a Stripper before your Wedding? How men sometimes cheat just to impress other men.


~ From the Scientific American blog Symbiartic: The art of science and the science of art ~ 5 Reasons Your Camera Won't Steal My Job. A scientific illustrator contends that:

- Photography can't capture small things.

- Photography can't capture distant things.

- Photography can't capture extinct things (see image below).

- Photography can emphasize the wrong things.

- Photography is just one tool.

Having trained in both graphics and photographic scientific illustration, I don't necessarily agree with every contention, but the text and images are fascinating.












No comments:

Post a Comment